ProjectVariableSnapshot

Hi ,
Accidentally a team member deleted most of the variables in one of our projects. We know the last correct variableset snapshot id and the release number. Is it possible to restore that variable set and all the variables as the current variableset and use it for further deployments? I didnt find an Api in Octopus Swagger page which had such a functionality. Please let us know if you have any such info. Also, please let us know if it can be done at the Octopus DB directly. If yes, how ?

Hi,
Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately there is no direct way of restoring deleted variables in Octopus, however you can view the history of changes to variables sets by going to Configuration->Audit, you can then filter the audit events by clicking “show advanced filters” and selecting “Variable Set” for the document type. You can also refine the search further by filtering by Project.
This should give you an audit history of all the changes to variable sets, It wont however show values for sensitive variables.

I hope that helps, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards,
Tom

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.