Project Variables worng search

Hello,

I have a project with a view variables. Currently I have restricted a view variables to a specific Step for example “Step 5: Deploy SystemTests” but when I go to “Projects --> Variables --> Project --> Show Advanced Filters --> and TAKE my Step 5” I don’t get the results I want … Here I see all variable with no scope + no step included + the variables with the specific step 5 …

Normally I wanted that this filter only shows me all Variables which are used by this specific step and no others.

Is there any solution?

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’ve been able to reproduce this behavior, and we certainly agree that variables only with the specific scope defined on them should be displayed when viewing filtered variables in this way. I’ve raised this issue and you can track its progress here.

Unfortunately I can’t see any way to get this specific information in the UI, though an alternative workaround may be to use the following Octopus.Client script to get only the step-scoped variables.

I’m sorry about the inconvenience this behavior has caused! Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward.

Best regards,

Kenny

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.