Project Variables - AppPoolUser Username Issue

Hi All,

For a project we’re working on at my company, we specified the AppPoolUser to be AppLogSecret$svc (not exact name, for security reasons).

Apparently, due to the $ sign location, it is skipping the dollar sign and everything after it, only displaying AppLogSecret. Is this a username requirements issue? We would prefer not to change the service account name we created.

Thanks,

Alex

Hi @DocOck,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I’ve done some testing at this end and have confirmed that (at least for the version of Octopus that I am using) it allows AppLogSecret$svc as a valid AppPoolUser:

Which when deployed get’s me a valid user for the AppPool

50%20pm

So I can investigate what is happening with your deployments are you able to let me know which version of Octopus you are using so I can validate behaviour, and if there is any differences in how I’ve configured the user?

I look forward to hearing from you shortly,

Regards,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thank you for reply and testing. We are going to test this again since we recently upgraded Octopus to 2018.4.7. In the previous version we were using, the $ sign convention did not work.

I will let you know how this test goes for us.

Thank you again for your assistance.

–Alex

Hi Alex,

No problems, let me know how you go!

Regards
Alex

Hi Alex,

We tested this again with Octopus 2018.4.7 and it is now working fine. It may have just been the previous version we were on.

Thank you again!

Thanks Alex, glad to hear that the issue is sorted.

Let me know if there is anything else that we can assist with!

Regards,
Alex

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.