Project->Releases -> Deploy ALWAYS show advanced options

When following Project->Releases -> Deploy chain and selecting particular environment for deployment Octopus always shows long screen with advanced options and button “Deploy release” at the very bottom, regardless of the checkbox “Always show these options” being unchecked. Looks like a bug.

Thank you!
Konstantin

Hi Konstantin,

I’m not sure I’m following which is the bug here. Could you please send me a screenshot of it?

Regards,
Dalmiro

Please see attached picture. Checkbox is unchecked, but I get advanced options presented every time. It is a problem because the picture attached represents the bottom part of multi-screen page, so I have to scroll down through all advanced options to get to Deploy button.

Konstantin

HI Konstantin,

Tried to reproduce this in 3.7.6 but it worked fine on my end (see attached gif).

That checkbox value gets saved on a cookie and not on the Octopus Server. So you might wanna:

• Try clearing your browser’s cookies in case you have a bad one and then try again
  • Try on another browser. I tested this in Chrome for Windows.

Regards,
Dalmiro

Repro is persistent for me. I have tried Chrome 64-bit, IE and Edge. I also got repro from the different client computers.

I get it with Octopus 3.7.9 and have a feeling that it only appeared in 3.7.9. Could you please retest with this very version?

Hi Konstantine,

You can see that full screen despite the box being unchecked because you have a few warnings in your deployment preview. In those cases we enforce this setting so the user is aware of these warnings. In you case you have a few steps that have the “There are no enabled deployment targets in the roles specificed…” warning message.

Regards,
Dalmiro

I see.