Project Clone Permissions - Question

Hi Support,

I was looking at your issue here. See linked:

Here it says you now need the following permissions to clone a project:

• Project Initiator (ProjectCreate, to create the new project)
  • Project Contributor (ProjectEdit, as in, you have enough permissions to edit the existing project)

We created a custom Developer role that includes both of those permissions (Edit, Create), yet our devs are not able to clone a project. Do you know what else needs to be added, so they can clone? (we are on Octopus v2019.3.8)

Thanks,
Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for getting in touch! Great question, and I ran through a test to confirm the minimum permissions set required to clone a project (as that linked issue is quite old and outdated now). In my testing I’ve found that the bare minimum to simply clone a project is the following:

• EnvironmentView (required to get into the Project’s settings tab which houses the Clone button)
  • LifecycleView (required to create a project)
  • ProjectCreate
  • ProjectEdit
  • ProjectGroupView (also required to get into the Project’s settings tab)
  • ProjectView

To view the details of the cloned project, however, this user would need additional permissions. Such as ReleaseView to see the Overview tab, ProcessView to see the deployment process, etc.

I hope this helps! Let me know how you go or if you have any further questions or concerns moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thank you for the response and confirmation, Kenneth. Appreciate the help.

Hi Alex,

Not a problem at all, glad to help. Don’t hesitate to reach out if we can assist in any other way moving forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.