Process Creation using Octo.Exe and environment

Hello Octopus Team,
I am currently performing a POC which I will be presenting to my client and do need some clarifications:

A) I am pushing the Nupkg, creating projects, release using octo.exe but I don’t find any octo.exe command for creating the process within the release. Does that mean that we have to manually create the associated process for the release?

B) Does Octopus supports deployment to VMS platforms?

Regards,
Himanshu.

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for getting in touch.

A) I am pushing the Nupkg, creating projects, release using octo.exe but I don’t find any octo.exe command for creating the process within the release. Does that mean that we have to manually create the associated process for the release?

There’s no way to configure deployment processes through Octo.exe. The only way is manually through the web portal.

B) Does Octopus supports deployment to VMS platforms?

Could you explain a bit more what you mean with “VMS Platforms”? All I can think of when I read that word is about Virtual Machine S, but after googling a bit I see many technologies that go under that name. If you can share me a link about the VMS you are talking about, i might be able to give you a better answer.

Thanks,
Dalmiro

Hello Dalmiro,

Thanks a lot for your quick response.
Regarding “VMS Platform”, VMS refers to Virtual Memory System which is an Operating System.

Can you let me know if I can use octopus to deploy this particular OS platform.

Thanks,
Himanshu.

Hi Himanshu,

Thanks for clearing that up. Unfortunately that OS is definitely not in Octopus’ scope.

Best regards,
DAlmiro

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.