Problems with Microsoft Teams post a message

Hello

Having issues configuring it as a step when deploying to azure web apps.

Look at picture.

JT

Hi JT,

Thanks for getting in touch. Could I check which version of Octopus you have and is you customer step template based on the current one from the Community Step Library?

I’ve set up a test project and used the step from the library, which displays as per the attached screenshot. You should be seeing the On behalf of target roles box just below where you select to run on Octopus Server. The fact that you’re not seeing that could indicate an error in the template.

It could be worth comparing you template to the one from the library to see how they differ. Hope that helps.

Regards
Shannon

Hey Thanks for the reply

It worked if i added it as a single step. Like this

[cid:image001.png@01D2FC89.EA7AEF50]

But if I added it as a child step it did not work. But this works just as fine for me. We are on version 3.7.3

Regards

Jan-Tore Pedersen
Infront AS

Hi Jan-Tore,

Thanks for the additional information. Child steps are used for rolling deployments, which would typically only be used with an Azure Web App deployment in conjunction with Cloud Regions. I.e. deploying the app across multiple geographic regions, one at a time. I’m not sure if that’s what you were trying to achieve? Are you able to share any further information about how you had the deployment process configured? I ask because I haven’t been able to reproduce the issue, I’ve been able to add the Microsoft Teams step as a child step of another step and I don’t get the validation failure. I suspect my parent step may be different to yours, so would just like to check.

Regards
Shannon

Ok thanks

I got it to work so you can close the case.

Regards

Jan-Tore Pedersen
Infront AS