Problems with getting Maven packages from Nexus repository

Good morning,

we have a local Maven repository running Nexus OSS and I cannot seem to make artifacts search work from Octopus. I have defined the external feeds correctly, but there seem to be an issue contacting the Nexus by Octopus (from its log):

2020-08-14 10:47:08.9612 1788 37 ERROR Unhandled error on request: GET http://octopus.server:8080/api/Spaces-1/feeds/feeds-nexus-repositories/packages/search?term=int.nato.ncia.csd-ipl%3Ansili&take=10 b369040f62174ec3b771552c43ad70c2 by Łukasz Wiecheć : One or more errors occurred. (A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.)
System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
—> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (10060): A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond.
at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.AuthenticationHelper.SendWithAuthAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Uri authUri, ICredentials credentials, Boolean preAuthenticate, Boolean isProxyAuth, Boolean doRequestAuth, HttpConnectionPool pool, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncBuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)

The Nexus service is up and running and Octopus server can see and access it.

When I sniff the TCP packets coming out from Octopus server, there are NONE coming to the Nexus server.

I wonder if there is any other way for me to investigate…

Hi Lukasz,

Thanks for reaching out.

When you say the Octopus Server can see and access it, what do you mean specifically by that?

As a troubleshooting measure, would you be able to run some maven CLI commands logged in as the Octopus Server service account and see if there are any issues?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.