Problem with WebAdministration

This is on a 2008R2 server. I’ve installed the WebAdministration snap in but it doesn’t show up.

I try the Add-PSSnapin and it complains that it’s already added. But if I try to use the WebAdministration module, it says not found. Looking for any guidance.

PS IIS:> Add-PSSnapin WebAdministration
Add-PSSnapin : Cannot add Windows PowerShell snap-in WebAdministration because it is already added. Verify the name of
the snap-in and try again.
At line:1 char:13

• Add-PSSnapin <<<< WebAdministration
    • CategoryInfo : InvalidArgument: (WebAdministration:String) [Add-PSSnapin], PSArgumentException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : AddPSSnapInRead,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.AddPSSnapinCommand

PS IIS:> import-module webadministration
Import-Module : The specified module ‘webadministration’ was not loaded because no valid module file was found in any module directory.
At line:1 char:14

• import-module <<<< webadministration
    • CategoryInfo : ResourceUnavailable: (webadministration:String) [Import-Module], FileNotFoundException
    • FullyQualifiedErrorId : Modules_ModuleNotFound,Microsoft.PowerShell.Commands.ImportModuleCommand

So I thought it was an R2 server but it’s not… just a regular 2008 server with SP2 installed… so that indicates using the snapin syntax.