Problem with my connection string

Hi,

I am trying to edit the connection string of my Web.config using variables but some double quotes (") in my connection string get replaced by &quot and the /> character gets replaced by /&gt
Strangely this doesn’t happen for all " in my connection string.
In my example: the connection string that I want to edit is:

My Variable has been defined like this:
Name: SqlAnywhere
Value: ServerName=#{DBserver};UID=dba;PWD=#{DBPwd};CommLinks=SharedMemory,TCPIP{};InitString={SET TEMPORARY OPTION CONNECTION_AUTHENTICATION=‘Company=Dillistone Systems Ltd;Application=FILEFINDER EXECUTIVE 2000;Signature=000fa55157edb8e14d818eb4fe3db41447146f1571g3caa48ba2e5af59ead46624c2b9691a1441a9504’}" providerName=“iAnywhere.Data.SQLAnywhere” />

After deploying my release, this is what my connectionstring gets changed to:

Can you please tell me what I’m doing wrong and how I should create my connection string variable so that it looks something like the initial connection string but with my variables in it?
Thanks for your help.
Michel

I have managed to find what I did wrong, I didn’t need to add the providername bit in my variable and I was also adding a " too much in my variable.
The working variable looks like this:
ServerName=#{DBserver};UID=dba;PWD=#{DBPwd};CommLinks=SharedMemory,TCPIP{};InitString={SET TEMPORARY OPTION CONNECTION_AUTHENTICATION=‘Company=Dillistone Systems Ltd;Application=FILEFINDER EXECUTIVE 2000;Signature=000fa55157edb8e14d818eb4fe3db41447146f1571g3caa48ba2e5af59ead46624c2b9691a1441a9504’}

Hi Michel,
I’m glad to hear you managed to find the solution. Let us know if you encounter any further problems.
Cheers,
Robert

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.