Problem with license during trial period after migration to deferent server

I migrated Octopus installation to another server, and now I have a problem with license: “You are using the trial version of Octopus Deploy, which only allows 1 active node. You currently have 2 active nodes.”. Previous installation has been shutdown.

I try to get new trial license but cannot update it and get following error on license configuration page:
“There was a problem with your request.
•The license could not be updated because the server is not compliant, so using the license would disable functionality.
•You are using the trial version of Octopus Deploy, which only allows 1 active node. You currently have 2 active nodes.”

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch. I believe the issue is that you’ve installed Octopus 3.0 twice using the same SQL Server database. The Octopus Manager setup process populates a table called OctopusServerNode in the Octopus SQL database and there should only be one record in this table. The records are identified by a node ID which is usually just the machine name. If you see both machine names in that table, you can safely remove the incorrect one and it should resolve the licensing issue.

Hope this helps!

Rob

To delete the node:

mssql -s octopusxxxxxxxxxx.database.windows.net -u -p ‘’ -d OctopusDeploy -e

SELECT * FROM OctopusServerNode

This should list all nodes. To isolate just the node you want to delete

SELECT * FROM OctopusServerNode WHERE Name = ‘’

Then to delete the node (change to the actual name)

DELETE FROM OctopusServerNode WHERE Name = ‘’

exit()

Hi Sowen,

Thanks for sharing as these are the correct steps to execute to accomplish this!

Rob

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.