Problem with health check inside container and unable to save project variables

Hello,
after version upgrade to 2022.3.10594 we have two problems with the server.

First:
We decided to migrate task performing from worker(default option) to inside containers. After k8s deployment target modification, health check inside container fail. Logs indicate problem with authorization to our GCR registry. This registry was added as a external feed to Octopus. During deployment with similar configuration (run step inside container with the same image), deployment ends with success. After that if We retry deployment target health check also ends with success, because image exists on worker.

We expect that health check inside container will perform docker authorization and pull image from external feed in case when image wasn’t pulled.

Second:
Some of our projects include certificate as variable. Only specific team can add certificate as variable to projects (our company security policy). After Octopus upgrade others teams without Certificate View permission cannot save changes to other variables (save button is disabled). In previous version, even if warning with lack of certificate view was displayed, teams could save changes to rest of variables.

We expect that people without certificate view permission can modify other variables.

Can you help us with this two problems ?

Best
Piotr

Hey @Piotr,

Thanks for reaching out on our community forum. I will address your two issues separately below.

Issue 1: You’ve hit a known bug that is currently in work. A PR was submitted for that issue, and once approved, it will make its way through the build pipeline for testing and release. That GitHub issue will be updated when the fix is released.

Issue 2: I was able to reproduce the behaviour you describe in 2022.3.10594. I have submitted a bug report for that issue here. Until that item is fixed, you’ll likely need to grant your users view certificate permission to be able to edit variables on projects that contain certificate variable values.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Brent

Hello @brent_kinney,

thanks for quick response.
Your advice to grant users view certificate view is not good idea. It would be great, if that issue will be solved as hotfix to current version.

I look forward to see solution.

Best
Piotr

Hi @Piotr,

You can track that bug issue I linked, and it will be updated with the version info that contains the fix.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Brent

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.