Previous Step install Directory

Hi,
I’m trying to drop subsequent packages to the same folder used in my first Step, by setting the custom install directory to:

#{Octopus.Action[Step1].Output.Package.Installation Directory Path}

However this does not work. Am i trying to do the impossible?

Thanks
Phil

Hi Phil,

Thanks for getting in touch!

That is the correct syntax for the install directory. I’m assuming the name of the step is Step1 and that the spaces in Installation Directory Path in your post isn’t how you’ve referenced it in the custom installation directory fields?

Could you add the following variable OctopusPrintEvaluatedVariables and set it to true in your project, create a new release and deploy that release and send through the raw log to us to help us troubleshoot what is going wrong.

Hope that helps!

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Hi,
The name ‘Step1’ was just used the brevity. The actual name in the log is ‘Deploy Base Sitecore Content (Deploy Package)’ (attached)

I tried several variations for the installation directory:-
#{Octopus.Action[Deploy Base Sitecore Content (Deploy Package)].Output.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath}

#{Octopus.Action[“Deploy Base Sitecore Content (Deploy Package)”].Output.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath}

and also with/without the #{ } .
Thanks
Phil

ServerTasks-387.log.txt (275 KB)

Hi Phil,

The right variable according to your log should be #{Octopus.Action[Deploy Base Sitecore Content (Deploy Package)].Package.CustomInstallationDirectory}

Let me know how it goes using that one instead.

Cheers,
Dalmiro