PostDeploy.ps1

After the upgrade to 1.5.0.1647 the behavior of PostDeploy.ps1 has changed (I think for the worse). I utilize the OctopusPackageDirectoryPath variable to tell Octopus where to put things. Now what seems to be happening is the following:

PreDeploy runs as expected
Package is extracted to location in the OctopusPackageDirectoryPath variable.
PostDeploy is ran in the package upload location???

So files are deployed here: Extracting package contents to 'C:\inetpub\GlobalAuthor\Website’
PostDeploy runs here: Script: C:\Octopus\Applications\TestChandler\Authoring.Sitecore\2013.03.25.3_2\PostDeploy.ps1 and no of the PostDeploy actions are performed in the actual site location.

This was working correctly prior to upgrading. Do I need to change something (I sure hope I don’t have to change all of my projects)

Thanks,

Jason Birklid

Hi Jason,

This is a bug - I’ll have it fixed in a release ASAP.

Regards,

Paul Stovell
Octopus Deploy
W: octopusdeploy.com | T: @octopusdeploy http://twitter.com/octopusdeploy

Hi Paul,

Also noticing the following being set (I’m assuming incorrectly):

2013-03-25 22:38:00 INFO [Copy] Extracting package contents to ‘C:\inetpub\SupportManagementStage’

2013-03-25 22:38:00 INFO [IIS] Updating IIS website named ‘stageacme.sbweb.prod’

2013-03-25 22:38:01 INFO [IIS] The IIS website named ‘stageacme.sbweb.prod’ has had its path updated to: ‘C:\Octopus\Applications\StageLynnwood\Silverlight.Container.Web\2013.03.20.1_2’

2013-03-25 22:38:01 DEBUG [PostDeploy Script] Script: C:\Octopus\Applications\StageLynnwood\Silverlight.Container.Web\2013.03.20.1_2\PostDeploy.ps1

2013-03-25 22:38:01 INFO [PostDeploy Script] Deleting config transform files

Thanks for getting back to me so quick.

Jason

Hi Jason,

This is now fixed:

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the quick turnaround, kind of brought me to a standstill. What the heck though, it was sunny here so I got outa little early:-) I’ll work on the branding approval for you this week. The product has been fantastic so far and I’ve been very happy with the upgrades and now with the support. I’ll get this installed tonight or first thing am and let you know.

Thanks,

Jason