Possible bug with Automatic Release Creation

Hey guys, it looks like a problem I’m facing may actually be a bug (or not). Here’s the jist of it: if ‘Automatic Release Creation’ is enabled (under Project > Triggers) and multiple packages are pushed with one Octo.exe command, then only the latest pushed version of the chosen package (under ‘Release Creation package step’) is included in the release, not any others that may have been pushed together with it.

Basically, I’m trying to get an end-to-end process working, where-by a .NET solution (with two projects , say Web and App) are built in TeamCity, and then pushed through the Octopus plugin (‘OctopusDeploy: Push packages’ runner). Within the runner’s package paths, two ZIP files (one for Web and one for App) are specified. On a successful build, both packages are pushed to Octopus server, and a new release is automatically created, but the release includes only the latest Web package and the old/previous App package. Shouldn’t the release include all latest packages?

Hi Nick,

Thanks for getting in touch! When pushing your package, Octopus looks for the latest available package for all other steps, excluding pre-release packages. If the other package you are using has a pre-release tag it won’t be considered for the release that is created.

The following is a snippet form out documentation on Pre-release tags with ARC

When you push a package to your trigger step, Octopus will look for the latest available package for all other steps excluding pre-release packages by default - see the following thread for background.
http://help.octopusdeploy.com/discussions/problems/35401

One way to work around this behaviour is to create a Channel with the appropriate version rules so that "latest available package" will be the pre-release packages you expected. The best way to test this is to practice creating releases manually for that channel - the "latest available package" will work the same way for manual and automatically created releases.

This was taken from the following link: http://docs.octopus.com/display/OD/Automatic+Release+Creation#AutomaticReleaseCreation-Automaticallycreatingpre-releases

If you are not using pre-release tags, could you please let me know what version of Octopus you are using and attach a build log?

Let me know how you get on.

Best regards,
Daniel