Polling tentacle won't connect to Octopus Server

Hi,
we are evaluating Octopus Deploy and we have set up a server and a listening tentacle on Linux which works fine. We are on version 2019.13.7.

We are in need of polling tentacles though and here it gets worse. I downloaded the tentacle-5.0.13-linux_x64.tar and moved it to the server manually since the tentaclse server doesn’t have an Internet connection.
We can’t get the configure-tentacle.sh to finish properly on our Debian Linux Server. First we hade some trouble because we hadn’t opened port 10943 in between Tentacle server and Octopus server and then the windows firewall port 10943 on Octopus server was also closed. Once this was done the script said connected succesfully, but after that an exception log appeared.

Does this say you anything what’s wrong?

Kind Regards
Björn

Hi Björn,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The tentacle needs to be able to communicate with the Octopus server API via http(s) to perform the register-with command. This looks to be the part where the failure is occurring.
If you’re able to open that port between the servers and give it a retry and let me know how that goes.

Regards,
Paul

Hi,
thanks for the quick response. Is this port 10943 or 80/443?

Regards
Björn

It would be both, 10943 is used for the main communication and deployment between the tentacle and the server.
80/443 is used for the initial registration when the tentacle uses the API in order to add the deployment target details.

Great, I understand. We’ll try this.

Regards
Björn

1 Like

Thanks, that did the trick!

Kind Regards
Björn

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.