Please ship a nuget server with octopus

Unless I missed something there is a step in getting Octopus up and running which requires me to create and deploy a nuget server. While the instructions aren’t terribly hard to do it would seem logical to have the main octopus server also include a nuget feed so this step is unnecessary.

Thoughts?

Sounds sensible to me. I also just set up a NuGet feed purely to pass into Octopus, and it would have been handy just to have a folder already setup as a NuGet feed within Octopus.

That said, I expect this NuGet server to be useful for lots of other things now I’ve gone through the trouble of setting it up. But still, +1 to this idea.

A good suggestion - in fact, the Octopus codebase already includes a little project called ‘Seaweed’ for this purpose. I’d love to do it.

Note that you can use a file share instead of NuGet.Server - a simple folder full of .nupkg’s accessed through e.g., \YourServer\Packages is a perfectly valid NuGet ‘feed’. I’ll add that to the documentation.

Paul

I’d like to revive this idea. I think it would fit very nicely with Octopus. I’m willing to help write it!

I’ve been using NuGet.Server for a few months and the performance is terrible. Using your existing RavenDB to store and index would be a huge win. See blog series by Ayende.

http://ayende.com/blog/158145/nuget-perf-problems-part-i

thanks,
~ Paul

Neil Hughes has now left M-Netics.

If your email needs a response, please forward it to simon.harrison@mnetics.co.uk.

Many thanks.

The information contained in this communication from neil.hughes@mnetics.co.uk is confidential and may be legally privileged.
It is intended solely for use by tender2+dc9edf17b220b190d54ec45152523002e1979ea9b@tenderapp.com and others authorised to receive it. If you are not named you are
hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or taking action in reliance of the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

Although this message and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer
system into which it is received and opened it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free. No responsibility is
accepted by Mnetics Holdings Limited for any loss or damage in any way arising from its use.

This communication is sent by Mnetics Holdings Limited (registered in England with number 5132545) or The Fifth Dimension
Computer Solutions Limited (registered in England with number 3521439) on behalf of one or more entities in the M-Netics group.
The registered address of these companies is 5 Lansdowne Court, Bumpers Way, Chippenham, Wiltshire, SN14 6RZ.