I have problems with permissions. Why would I need to have permissions to edit environment to edit Variable set?
I don’t even use any scoped variable. Check screenshot. Could you please fix this?
Could you please make releases more stable? This is at least forth bug I found. Maybe to have a little bit slower but stable development cycle. I like rapid development but this takes quite a lot of my time.
Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately, Octopus 3.8.7 introduced this odd permission requirement when we fixed a variable set permission scope issue. The good news is that we’re currently working to fix it and you can follow it’s progress at the following URL. https://github.com/OctopusDeploy/Issues/issues/3286
Thanks for your comment on improving our release stability, we actively try to maintain a high quality product but bugs do slip through. That said, I’m personally fixing this issue and I’m taking my time to ensure I don’t introduce any new issues into variable editing permissions.
Hope this helps!