Permissions to view lifecycles - link not appearing - bug?

Hi,

We are implementing a custom security model in Octopus 3.8.7. One of the things we want to secure is lifecycles.
I have a custom role that has LifecycleView permission.
With just this permission, the Lifecycles link on the Library page does NOT appear, but manually browsing to http:///Octopus/app#/library/lifecycles displays the Lifecycles link.

If I extend the permission to include LifecycleEdit (which ultimately I don’t want to do), the Life Cycles link on the Library page appears (with a Ctrl+F5).

I’d like to just use LifecycleView and have the link appear on the left-hand-side of the Library page.

This feels like a bug? Can you confirm this and if so, if future versions have addressed this or not.
If there’s something I’m missing / not understood of course, please fill me in.

Thanks,
Adrian.

Hi Adrian,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this unexpected behavior. It looks like you’ve stumbled across a bug. I’ve been able to reproduce this as you’ve described in Octopus 3.15.6 as well. When a user has LifecycleView but not LifecycleEdit, they cannot see the Lifecycle link in the Library page when they should be able to see it. It’s good to hear you have a workaround by manually entering the URL for the lifecycles. I’ve raised this issue at the following link which you can track.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, and sorry again about the confusion caused by this. Let me know if you have any further questions at all! :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks.

Hi Adrian,

That’s not a problem at all! Please don’t hesitate to reach out anytime if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Kenny