Permissions to delete packages without being an Octo Admin

Has anyone set up a user that is allowed to delete packages without being an Octo Admin user?
If so, how do you do it?

Hi Michael,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octopus permissions provides very granular control over what your users can and can’t do. Specifically to delete packages from the built-in repository, you would want to look at the BuildInFeedAdminister permission. Out of the built-in user roles we provide, only System Administer and System Manager have this permission included, so you may want to configure a custom user role with this permission and assign it to the applicable team. You can refer to our documentation on managing users and teams which outlines how you can create a custom role and team. :slight_smile:

Hi Michael,

I apologize, I accidentally sent that before I intended. :slight_smile:

Here’s the link to our documentation page.

If you come across any further questions or concerns moving forward, please don’t hesitate to reach out.

Best regards,

Kenny

Thank you Kenneth – this worked like a charm.

Mike Gantz

Michael Gantz

IT Operations

Merrill Corporation

651 632-1640

emailsig.jpg

For planning purposes, I will be out of office from Thursday July 26 to Friday July 27,

Returning Monday July 30.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for following up and letting me know! That’s great to hear it worked nicely for you. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions or concerns in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.