Permissions issue with Tentacle

I have a new install of Octopus and a Tentacle, both on Windows 2008 R2. When performing a deployment I get the following error on the Tentacle:

2014-04-29 12:21:31.0770 ERROR Error checking pending timeouts
System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path is denied.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalReplace(String sourceFileName, String destinationFileName, String destinationBackupFileName, Boolean ignoreMetadataErrors)
at Pipefish.Persistence.Filesystem.ActorStateFile.Save(ActorStateDictionary state) in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\cf0b1f41263b24b9\source\Pipefish\Persistence\Filesystem\ActorStateFile.cs:line 91
at Pipefish.PersistentActor`1.Save() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\cf0b1f41263b24b9\source\Pipefish\PersistentActor.cs:line 62
at Pipefish.WellKnown.Timing.Clock.Save() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\cf0b1f41263b24b9\source\Pipefish\WellKnown\Timing\Clock.cs:line 58
at Pipefish.WellKnown.Timing.Clock.Check() in c:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\cf0b1f41263b24b9\source\Pipefish\WellKnown\Timing\Clock.cs:line 102

The Tentacle is running under a domain account which is in the local administrator group. If I change the Tentacle to run under Local System, it works. What additional permissions does the account running the Tentacle need outside of being a local admin?

Hi James,

It shouldn’t need anything additional, but giving the domain account Full Control permission over the C:\Octopus\Tentacle folder and all of its subfolders will be necessary and is what’s causing this error.

We have some fledgling docs on required permissions here: http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Running+Tentacle.exe+under+a+specific+user+account

Hope this helps,
Nick

Thanks. Not sure what the problem was but a combination of resetting the account and password for the service and rebooting seemed to do the trick.