Permissions denied, ui error on tenant edit

Hello,

I am getting errors when attempting to view the variables tab of a tenant that exists in two or more environments on an account with permissions to only a subset of those environments (user has UAT access, no PROD access in this particular case). Below is a sample of the error. I upgraded to the latest build of Octopus as of today and the issue persisted.

Octopus v2018.3.4

TypeError: Cannot read property ‘Name’ of undefined

renderProjectEnvironmentVariable (/app/areas/tenants/TenantVariables/TenantVariables.tsx:371:54)
renderProjectVariable (/app/areas/tenants/TenantVariables/TenantVariables.tsx:358:69)
renderProjectVariable (/app/areas/tenants/TenantVariables/TenantVariables.tsx:358:43)
map (/app/areas/tenants/TenantVariables/TenantVariables.tsx:286:17)
renderAllProjectVariables (/app/areas/tenants/TenantVariables/TenantVariables.tsx:486:64)
Lf (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:147:337)
sf:a:{e=b.type;c=b.pendingProps;d=b.memoizedProps;if(nf())null===c&& (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:150:232)
e (/node_modules/react-dom/cjs/react-dom.production.min.js:182:349)

Can you take a look and get this fixed? This is causing us to have to structure tenants in an awkward way to compensate for this error. In my opinion, I should be able to view the ‘common’ tenant variables since they are shared across both / all environments. If the variables are project specific, just exclude them for environments the user does not have access to.

Thanks,
Travis

Hi Travis,

Thanks for getting in touch,

I’m sorry to hear you are experiencing this issue, I understanding this behavior can be frustrating.

I greatly appreciate your detailed breakdown of the issue, this really helps out!

I’ve created the following Github issue for this, which you can find below;

In the interim, from the testing I performed, I found that this behavior was not apparent when using the V3 UI, you should be able to replace app# with oldportal# in the Octopus URL to workaround this React error.

Please keep up to date with the progress of the aforementioned Github issue moving forward.

If you require any further assistance, please let me know :slight_smile:

Your patience and understanding in this matter are appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.