Path to site on an Azure web app

Hi

What is the relative path to the site deployed on an Azure web app?

I am trying to specify this path in a process step that does substitution in a json file that are alread deployed in a previous step of the process (I don’t want to do the substitution as part of the does the actual deploy step because I have some files that have similar JSON structures). The step is based on the “Variables - Substitute in Json file” template.

I have tried:

path\to\file\config.json
wwwroot\path\to\file\config.json
D:\home\site\wwwroot\path\to\file\config.json
#{Octopus.Action.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath}\path\to\file\config.json

Hi @ebug,

Thanks for getting in touch! When deploying an Azure web app, the installation directory will not be available on any subsequent paths. You will need to make these substitutions on the deployment step where the package is extracted.

As far as I am aware, when deploying an Azure web app, this information is blown away when the step is completed, unless you make this substitution when the package is extracted in the same step.

Our documentation has a small outline of the ordering that occurs during the execution of this step. Substitution will need to take place during this time.

Sorry that I am not able to provide a more helpful solution to your request here.

If you have any further questions, or thoughts about this, please don’t hesitate to let me know. I’ll do my best to help. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.