Packages not showing when creating release

Hi,

I followed the steps for deploying .NET applications with Octopus through Kenneth Truyer’s pluralsight video.

I have succesfully pushed a package to the deploy server from a tentacle (I used Octopack and msbuild with the /p:OctoPackPublishPacakageToHttp). I can see said package in the library tab on the administration panel, but when I try to create a release, no packages are showing under “Latest” and “Specific”.

I can see the nuget package is present in C:\Octopus\Packages\ on the deploy server.

I’m pretty lost on what to try, can you help? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out.

In that same course on the video called Creating a Project at 2:26 you can see Kenneth adding the ID of the package on the field Package ID.

• After having pushed the package to the Octopus built-in repo (which you said you already did, as you can see the package under Library-> Packages), when you start typing the name of your package on the Package ID field, does Octopus suggest you the full name of your package?

• If the above doesn’t happen, could you double check that on the field Package Feed you have the value Octopus Server (built-in)?

Thanks!
Dalmiro

Hi Dalmiro,

Yea, apparently I missed the namespace in front of the project name on the package id field. Thanks a lot for your help :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Mads Heckmann

Glad I could help!

Notice:

This issue has been closed due to inactivity. If you encounter the same or a similar issue and require help, please open a new discussion (if we asked for logs or extra details in this thread, consider including them in the new thread). If you are the creator of this thread and believe it should not be closed let us know via our support email.