Package Deployment Guided Failures

We have a Package deployment step for our Development environment that calls a powershell script to run against the package. The step following this is a RocketChat notification. If something happens during the deployment the step goes into intervention mode, waiting for a user to cancel/fail the step, never getting to the RC notification (which is set to tell us if there’s a failure or success).
How can we get a notification when this step fails instead of having to manually check it?

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch! It looks like you should be able to configure Subscriptions. This feature will let you send email and webhook notifications upon certain events. Including Guided failure interruption raised.

You could also potentially work around this by disabling your guided failure mode and putting another notification step in between the current RC notification step and the rest of the deployment. This new step could be set to only run when a previous step has failed. If you still wish to pause the deployment, you could also have a normal manual intervention step sit after the notification, which would also be set to run on failure of a previous step.

Let me know how you go here, or if you have any further questions.

Best regards,
Daniel

That’s sounds right. I guess my next question would be How do I disable ‘guided failure mode’?

Hi,

Thanks for getting back! We have a documentation page on our guided failure mode and how to toggle it on/off.

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
Daniel