Package deleted for release still used on dashboard

Hi,

We’re using OD v2018.9.7 and I have problems with packages being deleted for releases still referenced by releases on the dashboard. It seems like the same problem as described here:

But the bug fix mentioned is for release 2019.1.0 and forward, could it be valid for our older version too?

Brgds

Jonas

Hi Jonas,

Thanks for getting in touch!

Within your process steps, are you explicitly selecting the package? Or is there a variable for the package name that is resolved differently based on environment/tenant?
If so, that could be the cause as detailed here.

Regards,
Paul

Hi,

I’ve tried to upload an image to show you but it didn’t work. But we reference the package using the Reference a Package dialog, using a package ID “Ao.Shop” and name “Ao.Shop”. The step is a PowerShell script step, and we’re deploying to an Azure Web App wrapped by the Episerver DXP using their deployment API.

Brgds

Jonas

That helps, I believe you may be hitting this issue.
It was first reported in 2018.8.8 and fixed in 2018.9.15. So, it should only be a small patch upgrade to resolve it for you.

Regards,
Paul

Thank for the super fast response! I’ll look into doing an upgrade, hopefully a little bit further to enjoy other new features and bug fixes.

Brgds

Jonas

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.