Overview of what applications are deployed on all deployment targets

It would be nice with an overview where one could see what applications and versions are installed on all deployment targets in all environments. Kind of like the dashboard, but with the deployment targets as columns instead of the environments.

When you have alot of applications scaled onto multiple of machines, it can be tricky to see that all are running the correct released version of an application.

Hi Fredrik,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately a deployment target-focused dashboard doesn’t currently exist. This could be built using the API - however there’s an important thing to keep in mind in this case: we don’t store the latest version per machine. We only store the latest version per environment. So you’d have to show the latest version by environment and then list the machines within that environment. But this wouldn’t be very reliable, as you may add a machine to the environment after deploying the latest version.

You mention checking if machines have the correct released version of your application, and I wonder if auto deploy triggers would be something that could help. You can configure a trigger to automatically deploy the most recent successful release to your machines as they are created. That could add confidence that each of your machines has the expected version and are up to date. Check out our docs on this feature if it sounds like it could help.

I’m sorry it’s not better news. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions!

Best regards,

Kenny

Thanks for your response! Maybe a feature for the future? Shouldn’t be that hard to store what applications and version that gets deployed on each machine.

Hi Fredrik,

That’s not a problem! Thanks for following up. The main avenue that we use when considering new features and enhancements is our UserVoice site. This allows us to gauge community support and prioritize suggestions accordingly. Feel free to suggest this idea up there. :slight_smile:
https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with!

Best regards,

Kenny

Hey Kenneth Bates! I agree with your statement “Unfortunately a deployment target-focused dashboard doesn’t currently exist”. Well in the starting time I did not recommend such these topics due to not having any experience but few weeks before I got an issue while working on my ios application project and then one of my colleague suggested me to ask for the solution like Fredrik Arvidsson and I really got many detail through various person about which I even did not have idea.