Outstanding Health tasks were not completed before the next task was due was scheduled

2014-11-19 19:00:59,611 [4] WARN Octopus [(null)] - Outstanding Health tasks were not completed before the next task was due was scheduled. If this error persists, please post details on http://help.octopusdeploy.com.

Hello support! :slight_smile:

We currently get this warning in one of our octopus server instances. Is there a way to get more information what I can do to fix this?
Octopus version is 1.6.2.1722.

Octopus deploy is installed on a Windows Server 2012 (non-R2) instance on an EC2 machine; there are a handful servers in the environments and about 20 projects for deployment. The issue started when we had to “clone” the server hosting OD for Technical Reasons[TM].

I would happily provide more details, but am not sure what details might be relevant. :frowning:

Thank you in advance for your help!

Best regards,
Cornelius

Hi Cornelius,

Thanks for getting in touch! I had a little discussion with Paul about this, as he is officially the 1.6 expert around here.
His thoughts were that this would be a safe message to ignore.

Are you finding any roll-on issues, like slowness or Tentacle troubles?

Thanks!
Vanessa

Hello Vanessa

thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, there are indeed problems. The “cloned” OD server seemed
unable to deploy anything; a deployment project started remains in
"Executing…" state for a while, then moves to “Timeout”. The only
thing I can see in the event log on the server is aforementioned warning.

My instincts point at the act of cloning the EC2 instance containing the
OD server might cause troubles; would I have to re-connect the tentacles
to the new instance? Will there be problems with the two servers having
the same fingerprint (temporarily, until I can decommission the old
instance)?

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,
Cornelius

Hi Cornelius,

Thanks for the reply. Is the old Octopus server (before the clone) still running?

Perhaps it would be best to schedule a screen sharing session so that we can take a look. You can pick a time that works for you here:

https://octopusdeploy.acuityscheduling.com/schedule.php

Paul