Otherwise Successful ARM Template deployment finishes with Error Code 100 within Octopus

I’m using version 3.3.8 and generally having alot of success.

I have a step called “CASDS - Deploy-AzureProduct” which works perfectly for all of my other deployments (essentially just the built-in step to deploy an Azure Resource Group) - however in the one deployment I’m trying, while the actual deployment is wholly successful and all green in Azure, but Octopus Deploy step fails with the old Object reference not set to an instance of an object." nugget.

I don’t know where to start looking - even just a general pointer would be extremely helpful!

The Octopus TaskLog is included as an attachment.

servertasks-9428_yyxl4b95xd.txt (73 KB)

It appears this was due to the output from the ARM template being linked to the output of another linked template - and that was failing. I commented out the output of the main template and all is working - so clearly I’ve messed up somewhere :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Hi William,

Thanks for getting in touch! That’s great to hear you’re having success with Octopus, and that you found the issue! Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any further questions. :slight_smile:

Happy deployments!

Kenny