Organizing access to project groups and environments?

I’m struggling a bit with organizing project groups and environments for different teams.
The teams needs access to the same project groups and environments, but they have different roles (operations, project viewers and developers f.ex). Each time I add a new project or an new environment I have to update all of the different teams with the same access.

Is there a better way of doing it? I’ve gotten lots and lots of different environments + lots of project groups. Would it be more ideal to have preset environment and project groups which can be referenced in the different teams?

Hi Harald,

Thanks for getting in touch! Unfortunately there is not too much we can do to help here, while Project Groups should help in that area, there is no way to group the Environments.
I think the only option here would be to use our API with some custom scripting to manually do this.

If you were after some information on the Octopus API the following link can point you in the right direction:

Also, it could be worth checking out our UserVoice, there may be a suggestion that could help here which you could vote on and comment with your thoughts:
https://octopusdeploy.uservoice.com/

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any further questions here or if I can help further.

Best regards,
Daniel