Operation returned an invalid status code 'Conflict'

I followed this guide to deploy to Azure through Azure Devops and Octopus Deploy. It worked the first two deploys, but when I did some new changes I now get the following error message:

The step failed: Activity Deploy an Azure Web App on AspDotNetCore failed with error ‘The remote script failed with exit code 100’.

Deploying to Azure WebApp 'MyAPI' in Resource Group 'MyApp', using subscription-id '<Subscription ID>'
    Running rollback behaviours... 
    Operation returned an invalid status code 'Conflict' 
    Microsoft.Azure.Management.WebSites.Models.DefaultErrorResponseException
       at Microsoft.Azure.Management.WebSites.WebAppsOperations.        
    <ListPublishingProfileXmlWithSecretsWithHttpMessagesAsync>d__148.MoveNext()
       at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.ConfiguredTaskAwaitable`1.ConfiguredTaskAwaiter.GetResult()
       at Microsoft.Azure.Management.WebSites.WebAppsOperationsExtensions. 
    <ListPublishingProfileXmlWithSecretsAsync>d__287.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown --- 
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
       at Calamari.AzureWebApp.Integration.Websites.Publishing.ResourceManagerPublishProfileProvider.            
    <GetWebDeployPublishProfile>d__3.MoveNext()
       at Calamari.AzureWebApp.Integration.Websites.Publishing.ResourceManagerPublishProfileProvider. 
    <GetPublishProperties>d__2.MoveNext()
       at Calamari.AzureWebApp.AzureWebAppBehaviour.<Execute>d__4.MoveNext()
       at Calamari.Common.Plumbing.Pipeline.PipelineCommand.<ExecuteBehaviour>d__16.MoveNext()
       at Calamari.Common.Plumbing.Pipeline.PipelineCommand.<Execute>d__13.MoveNext()
       at Calamari.Common.Plumbing.Pipeline.PipelineCommand.<Execute>d__13.MoveNext()
       at Calamari.Common.CalamariFlavourProgramAsync.<Run>d__4.MoveNext()
    The remote script failed with exit code 100 
    The action Deploy an Azure Web App on AspDotNetCore failed

Does anyone know what the problem is?

My subscription to Azure was disabled.

We’ve identified suspicious activity in this subscription. To protect your account, we’ve disabled the subscription. Please contact Azure Support to resolve the issue.

Hi @joelwe,

First of all welcome to the Octopus forums and thanks for reaching out.

I’m sorry to hear you’re getting blocked here.

Do you think that your azure subscription was disabled due to the new Octopus activity? Is there any information beyond what you pasted above? What changes did you make before you started receiving the error? Is it working again once you got your azure subscription re-enabled?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi @jeremy.miller and thank you for your quick response!

The Azure subscription was disabled without notice and that was what caused the error message. When the Azure subscription was re-enabled (again without notice) I could deploy my package on Octopus and now everything works again as expected.

Thanks,
Joel

1 Like

Hi @joelwe,

You’re very welcome! Thanks so much for the update. I’m glad to hear everything is in a good state again.

I hope you have a great rest of your week and let us know if you hit any snags in the future.

Best,
Jeremy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.