Onto.exe command for mac

Hi,

I have to install the octo commands to create a release on mac tentacle. I see only windows downloads in the url below

Could u please let me know where I can download the mac version

Hi Nandini,

Thanks for getting in touch! Octopus Server and tools are written for Windows. You should be able to run Octo.exe on Mono if required:
http://www.mono-project.com/docs/about-mono/supported-platforms/osx/

Generally octo.exe and release creation and deployment are not done from a Tentacle, could you explain what you are trying to achieve or where this fits into the process.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Daniel

I am create and deploy a octopus release from team
City to the octopus sever. The team city server is running on
Mac.

Thanks,
Nandini

Hi Nandini,

Thanks for the reply! We suggest you Push packages to the Built-In repository, we have some good documentation on how to do this:

You should also look at setting up Automatic Release Creation (ARC)

Let me know if this helps.

Regards,
Daniel

So I have mono installed … How to run octo.exe command on mac. As it says command not found.
My mono version is

RA-MACBUILD01:5f6185ed72bf5374 $ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 4.4.0 (mono-4.4.0-branch/81f38a9 Wed Apr 20 17:10:46 EDT 2016)
Copyright © 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: normal
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notification: kqueue
Architecture: x86
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
LLVM: yes(3.6.0svn-mono-master/a173357)
GC: sgen
Thanks,
Nandini

Can you please help me…

Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2016 at 11:04 PM
To: Daniel Fischer tender2+defe7dfef6@tenderapp.com
Subject: Re: onto.exe command for mac [Questions #8306]

So I have mono installed … How to run octo.exe command on mac. As it says command not found.
My mono version is

RA-MACBUILD01:5f6185ed72bf5374 $ mono --version
Mono JIT compiler version 4.4.0 (mono-4.4.0-branch/81f38a9 Wed Apr 20 17:10:46 EDT 2016)
Copyright © 2002-2014 Novell, Inc, Xamarin Inc and Contributors. www.mono-project.com
TLS: normal
SIGSEGV: altstack
Notification: kqueue
Architecture: x86
Disabled: none
Misc: softdebug
LLVM: yes(3.6.0svn-mono-master/a173357)
GC: sgen
Thanks,
Nandini

Hi Nandini,

Unfortunately with Mac our support in this area is limited as Octo.exe is designed to be run on Windows architecture. I can give you a link to the instruction page where they describe running applications in Mono, this may have your answer.

http://www.mono-project.com/archived/guiderunning_mono_applications/

We believe that the use of our Automatic Release Creation as mentioned in my previous response is the best option here, as it was designed for situations where using Octo.exe was not possible.

Regards,
Daniel

I saw that … My question is how to do we run create-release and deploy release commands on mac . Please
Let me know…

Thanks,

Hi Nandini,

These commands can only be run on the mac using Octo.exe through Mono
If you require these to run on mac but can not use Mono/Octo.exe you will need to write your own scripts that will do what our Octo.exe process does.
To create a script that can call the API you can use something like cURL (link below)

https://curl.haxx.se/docs/manpage.html

Your other option is to push the file to the Octopus server and use the Automatic Release Creation feature from inside Octopus.

Regards,
Daniel