Only Selected Projects needs to retain the list of projects selected and not clear them

Hi,

I would like to be able to switch back and forth between All Projects and Only Selected Projects w/o loosing my list of selected projects. Is there anyway to do this with v2018.2.3? Re-selecting the 12 projects every time is a pain. Thanks in advance for your help!

Tien

Hi Tien,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To help us understand, could you please clarify why you’re switching between All Projects and Only Selected Projects in your dashboard configuration?

Are these 12 projects related, and if so, could they all be placed into a single project group (or are these 12 projects spread across different project groups)?

Cheers
Mark

Hello Mark,

Thank you very much for your prompt reply. We have many projects and many components deployable for various teams. I want to be able to see the full picture when I need to help a teammate beyond my team vs. most of the time only interested in my projects; therefore, I would like to be able to go to All Projects and then return to my projects/Only Selected Projects w/o losing all the projects I selected and having to rebuild my list again.

For “groups”, I see that from Dashboard and would like to be able to view multiple project groups at the same time (due to scenario where I need to see all components from 2 groups that are inter-related and I need to do a screenshot to capture the versions of all components for my certification testing) but there’s no such thing as CTRL +select to select multiple groups.

Thanks, Mark, for your help.

Tien

Hi Tien,

Thanks for the additional information.

Whenever we have an option in the UI like this between “All vs Selected” and the “All” option is chosen, we clear any of the selections to avoid a host of potential edge-cases from a referential integrity point of view. For example, if we left those selections there but let you select “All”, then some of the projects were deleted, it could create edge-cases around missing data.

The dashboard configuration is saved against your user record, so a potential workaround is to create another user for yourself that has the dashboard configured for “All”, then when you’re helping another team-mate you can login with that user to see everything. Ie. user tien is configured for those 12 projects, whereas tien2 is configured to see all.

Alternatively, you could consider adding a uservoice suggestion. If your suggestion gets enough community support/votes, we will consider adding it as a feature in a future version of Octopus.

Sorry we can’t be of more help, but hopefully the multi-user approach may work for you.

Cheers
Mark

Thank you, Mark. Will try your suggestion(s). Cheers!

Thanks,

Tien