Only one environment is visible on the dashboard

I have a few environments defined. Everything was working fine. I was editing some variables but now when I return to the Dashboard, only one environment is visible.

If I go to the Environments page, they are all there. If I ‘Configure Dashboard’ I see them all available, but it makes no difference if I select ‘All projects’ or manually add them - I still only get the first environment on my dashboard.

Worse, if I try to deploy a release, when it gets to ‘deploy to’, there is only the one environment in the pull-down.

I have rebooted the Octopus Server, but the problem persists.

I have tried adding a new environment but it still fails to appear. I have tried reordering the existing environments, but it is always only Test-ajg which appears.

Here are some screenshots:
The environments
The dashboard
The deployment pull-down

Thanks for any help,

Rob

Hi,

I suspect your project group is configured to only allow deployments to that environment:

Paul

Hi Paul,

You are correct! Don’t know how I did that - I only have one project and I don’t remember even seeing that screen.

Thanks.

Rob

Hi Paul,

There is definitely a problem here. Whenever I modify a variable, the environments of the project group (which are empty) get set to something seemingly random. Currently, I have to modify the project group to clear the environments after every variable change.

I’m on Octopus Deploy 2.1.3.1223.

Rob

Hi Rob,

Can you look at the Configuration -> Audit log and send me some screenshots of what you see? I can’t think of any reason why changing a variable would somehow change a project group.

Paul

Hi Paul,

I can replicate it in my environment.

Yesterday I added a bogus variable and the Project Group was immediately corrupted with two seemingly random environments. I removed the environments and then removed the bogus variable. Then the Project Group was again corrupt (with the same environments).

Here’s a screenshot of the audit trail.

And the relevant part of the variables details.

Hope that helps,

Rob

Thanks for the details, I’ve reproduced the bug and have fixed it. It will be in a release we’re doing later today:

Paul