Offline Package Tenant Variable Values Missing

I have created offline packages for 2 projects - one is not multi tenanted and the other one is.

The non-multi-tenanted one works fine, but the multi-tenanted one fails to substitute the Tenant variables.

I know that, within a multi tenant project, the tenant variables are not normally cached in the release, but instead picked up at the point of dpeloyment, so it is kind-of understandable that they are not in the package BUT, this is an offline package, so ‘obviously’ the Tenant wont be available at the time of deployment so they would need to be included in the package (or a tenant sub package).

Can you confirm whether offline package deployment should work with multi tenant projects where Tenant variables are present?

i can answer my own question…i silly mistake on my part…I forgot to include the Variable Set for the Tenant specific values … it would be useful for there to be a validity check that any references variable exist / or declared ones are used.

Hi Stuart,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m glad to hear that you resolved your issue. You may benefit from our Variable Preview feature. You can find this under the Variable tab in your Project. You are able to define different scopes/Tenants and see which variables will be used in the deployment.

Does that sound like what you are after here? We do not currently have the ability to verify variables used during a deployment or the creation of your offline package. The variable preview feature is designed to give you a good idea of the values used for any specific deployment.

Let me know if this helps, or if you have any further questions here.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.