Offline Package Drop and server roles

Hi

We have a deployment process that deploys a couple of DB packages with scripts to machines with the SQL role and a couple of packages to machines with the Web role.

We need to deploy this application to external clients via the Offline Package method but cannot find an elegant way to deploy this without it needing a bit of fudgery afterwards. Basically, I’ve had to create a second machine of the Offline Package Drop flavour, so just like a tentacle for SQL and tentacle for Web but when the offline package drops happens, both of the packages are called the same, so 1.1.0 for example.

Is there a way I can have the role plummed onto the package name or something as of course the release number is always going to match for both packages as they are created in the same release…?

Or if anyone has asked this before and you had a different method I’d be happy to hear and to try?

Thanks
Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Thanks for reaching out. I’m afraid there’s no way to do this at the moment. The file structure of the drop package is based on the project and the release version

If you want the package to have a different name, the afterwards fudgery/Powershell renaming would be the way to go.

Best regards,
Dalmiro