Octpus Deploy Service stopping automatically

We have Octopus setup which use to work fine with no issues, but suddenly we are unable to browse the octopus url ,reason being whenever we try to access the url the ‘Octopus deploy’ service gets Stopped. On further investigation we see below error

ERROR Could not find index named: ProjectGroupsIndex
Raven.Abstractions.Exceptions.IndexDoesNotExistsException: Could not find index named: ProjectGroupsIndex

but the ProjectsGroupIndex is available already in the Index definitions directory under ‘C:\Octopus\RavenDB\IndexDefinitions’.

Any help/input on this issue is appreciated…Thanks

Hi,

Thanks for getting in touch and I’m sorry to hear that you’re having these issues.

It sounds like your RavenDB indexes needs resetting, you can follow the instructions here to reset them and hopefully this will resolve this issue.

I hope that helps.

Thank you and kind regards,
Henrik

Hi Many Thanks for the response, the issue is we are unable to browse the http://localhost:10931 also and unable to reach and reset the Ravendb index as suggested.

Is there any other alternative to reset the indexes?

Hi,

Yes, there is an even easier way (that I had totally forgotten about). There’s an option to repair your RavenDB from the Octopus Server Manager, see below:

I hope that helps.

Thank you and best regards,
Henrik

Thanks sooo much it helped and everything is working fine :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.