OctoTfs .. gives me an error when retrieving changes/checin notes

Hi Eric,

The extension is looking for the work item details from TFS but it uses the credentials that TFS gives the extension, so the account the agent is running on will need the ability to read work items.
I would suggest that if you are using TFS on prem you do also make sure you have the latest copy of the extension in case it helps.

Let me know how you go.
Vanessa

I’m now using version 1.1.20 (5/18/2016) of the extension, but the issue is unchanged. Can you be more specific about how the account is granted access to read work items? Everything I’ve tried has not worked.

Hi Eric,

From my previous conversations with the Microsoft team, that account is the Tfs Build Service account. I’m not sure what permissions it is supposed to have out of the box, but it’s been working for most people.

Are you able to have a deeper look into the permissions of that service account? Does it have permissions to read details from all team projects?

I’ve also pinged Patrick from Microsoft again. Hopefully he’ll be able to have another look at this thread.

Thanks,
Damo