With the new release of Octopus we noticed one of our projects stopped working.
I have been testing this to see what the issue is and I believe it boils down to the following variable not working anymore for Azure Powershell steps: OctopusUseBundledAzureModules = false
Our step makes a call to Get-AzureRmWebApp which for us returns a count of 200+ WebApps in our azure subscription.
After upgrading to 2018.7.1 the count comes back as 1. This is because a well documented issue with Get-AzureRmWebApp and versions of AzureRM.Websites prior to 5.0 returning a type that is not enumerable.
So with all of that said even though we adda the var OctopusUseBundledAzureModules to our project Octopus still seems to be using the older bundled version of the AzureRm tools.
The work around is for me to go into the Octopus Deploy Server and remove all of the AzureRM.* folders from:
I also still have OctopusUseBundledAzureModules = false