OctopusParameters not populated

I need to know the default location where Octopus Deploy copies the package to on my deploy target ( where the Octopus Tentacle is installed ) :

For example : C:\Octopus\Applications\Dev\MyApplication\46

However I can’t find any relevant OctopusParameters that are populated.

My deploy step is named “Deploy”. Here’s my PS script to output values of various parameters :

Write-Host 'OctopusParameters'
Write-Host 'Octopus.ActionDeploy.Package.OriginalFileName='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.ActionDeploy.Package.OriginalFileName"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.ActionDeploy.Output.Package.DirectoryPath='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.ActionDeploy.Output.Package.DirectoryPath"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.ActionDeploy.Output.Package.FilePath='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.ActionDeploy.Output.Package.FilePath"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.ActionDeploy.Output.Package.FileName='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.ActionDeploy.Output.Package.FileName"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.Action.Package.TransferPath='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.Action.Package.TransferPath"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.Action.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.Action.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.ApplicationDirectoryPath='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.ApplicationDirectoryPath"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.InstanceName='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.InstanceName"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.ProgramDirectoryPath='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.ProgramDirectoryPath"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.Tentacle.CurrentDeployment.PackageFilePath='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.Tentacle.CurrentDeployment.PackageFilePath"]
Write-Host 'Octopus.Tentacle.CurrentDeployment.TargetedRoles='$OctopusParameters["Octopus.Tentacle.CurrentDeployment.TargetedRoles"]

17:06:35   Info     |       OctopusParameters
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.ActionDeploy.Package.OriginalFileName=
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.ActionDeploy.Output.Package.DirectoryPath=
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.ActionDeploy.Output.Package.FilePath=
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.ActionDeploy.Output.Package.FileName=
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.Action.Package.TransferPath=
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.Action.Package.InstallationDirectoryPath=
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.ApplicationDirectoryPath= C:\Octopus\Applications
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.InstanceName= Tentacle
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.Tentacle.Agent.ProgramDirectoryPath= C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.Tentacle.CurrentDeployment.PackageFilePath=
17:06:35   Info     |       Octopus.Tentacle.CurrentDeployment.TargetedRoles= MyRole

Hi John,

Just copying my reply from your support email to here in case it’s of assistance to others.

The answer will depend a bit on which version of Octopus you are running and exactly how your steps are configured. You best option to track down what you need is to define a project variable called OctopusPrintVariables and set its value to true (I’d recommend you probably scope this to just your specific environment too, as it’s just to help with troubleshooting). Once you’ve set that, run a deployment and in the Verbose task log you will find all of the Octopus variable names and values written to the log.

Here’s an example from a test deployment I did

[Octopus.Action.Package[Test].OriginalPath] = ‘C:\OctopusDev\master\Server\Packages\Spaces-1\feeds-builtin\Test\Test.1.0.14.zip’

Not sure if this is the exact value you’re after, but what you need should be in there.

Regards
Shannon

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.