Octopus Variable Scope Logging

Hi Support,

I’m wondering if Octopus Audit log includes Scope changes, as we’ve encountering some issues regarding Variable updates we wish to track down.

Many Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting in touch,

The Audit log definitely captures changes to variable scoping as shown in the screenshot below;

In order to identify changes to Project and LibrarySet Variables specifically, I’d recommend applying the filter of Document Type to Variable Set as shown in the aforementioned screenshot.

Unfortunately, however, the audit log will display changes using ID and not by name, in order to find the associated scoping names you would need to query the database and locate the associated ID per table.

After mulling over this, however, I feel it would be nice if an option existed to toggle the logs (potentially) to see physical names instead of ID’s. I’m going to have a chat with the Team tomorrow about this in our catch-up, if it turns out we end up going doing this route (or at least looking for an alternate solution) I’ll update the ticket here.

If you require any further assistance or clarification, please let me know :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Reece

Hey Reece,

I appreciate your update and clarification!

Many Thanks,

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for getting back to me,

Not a problem! I’m glad to be of assistance.

If you require any further assistance in the future, please don’t hesitate to reach out :slight_smile:

Have a great day!

Kind Regards,

Reece

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.