Octopus Tentacles (seemingly) randomly stopping

We have a large number of listening Octopus tentacles (80+) and every week or two one of them seems to quietly stop running with no particular explanation or errors that explain anything. I see there were some previous discussions of this on the support forum and the recommended solution was to run the service watchdog:

We can try that. But this was a few years ago and I’m wondering if there is any more relevant information. It is something that seemed to only start recently as well so I was wondering if there is anything additional we should be looking at here.

In terms of an example of a version that stopped, one that recently stopped was: Tentacle.exe version 3.24.0

Thanks.

Hi Matt,

Thanks for getting in touch! I’m sorry to hear you’re hitting this strange and inconvenient issue with a Tentacle randomly stopping. The Watchdog documentation page you’ve linked to was updated 2 months ago, so it should be current. :slight_smile:

As to the actual issue you’re hitting, could you send us through your Tentacle logs (located in C:\Octopus\Logs in standard installations) and your Windows event log? Those files should shed more insight to help us figure out the root cause here. Feel free to mark this thread as private, or email us at support at octopus dot com and we can retrieve them there.

I look forward to hearing back and getting to the bottom of this one!

Best regards,

Kenny

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.