Octopus Tentacle - lots of 'temp' files in INetCache

Hi Guys

We have a server that appears to be doing something different than other servers running the tentacle service, it’s creating hundreds and thousands of .htm files causing the C:\ drive to fill up quickly, example from procmon:

I’ve looked over the tentacle config and I’m not seeing much about these files, tentacle is set to log to a different dir as per its config file:

C:\Octopus\Logs

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> C:\Octopus sdafdas sadfsadfsadf [{"Thumbprint":"sdfsdfdsfdfs","CommunicationStyle":1,"Address":null,"Squid":null,"SubscriptionId":null}] W:\ false 333333333

Does anyone have any ideas? The htm files themselves appear to be stuff about bindings and .net assembly stuff complaining about tentacle. I’ll try and dig an example out again… the dir has over 1million files in it so it takes a while to load anything from it!

Thanks

Hi meaton,

Thank you for posting. I’m sorry that you are having an issue with the files getting created in this manner.

I have a few questions for you:

• What version of Windows are you running?
  • What version Octopus Tentacle is on this machine?
  • Is this a listening or polling Tentacle?
  • What happens when you stop the Tentacle service?

As a stopgap, changing the tentacle from listening to polling might slow down the creation of the new files in that temp folder. Stopping the tentacle service, “restore advanced settings” + “reset” IE, and rebooting that machine might help as well. One other thing to try would be reinstalling the tentacle completely.

Looking forward to hearing back from you and helping you get this resolved.

Regards,
Donny

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.