Octopus Tentacle 5.0.12 create-instance command

I have an automated setup for configuring tentacles, and after updating it to tentacle installer 5.0.12 the create-instance command no longer creates a registry entry HKLM\Software\Octopus\Tentacle<InstanceName> | ConfigurationFilePath =

The specific command I am using is :
CommandLine: C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle\Tentacle.exe create-instance --instance=Tentacle --config=C:\Octopus\Tentacle.config --console --nologo

Is this an expected change from tentacle version 4.0.1?

Reproduction Steps :
Install Octopus.Tentacle.5.0.12-x64.msi
Run C:\Program Files\Octopus Deploy\Tentacle\Tentacle.exe create-instance --instance=Tentacle --config=C:\Octopus\Tentacle.config --console --nologo

Hi @hardKOrr,

Thanks for getting in touch! Sorry for the confusion here. This is actually an expected change, as to support .NET Core we had to move away from creating a registry entry, and the data is now stored in files in %ProgramData%\Octopus\Tentacle\Instances.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any further questions going forward. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny

Yes, this helps greatly. We should be able to rework our configuration to lookup data from this location.

Thanks!

Hi @hardKOrr,

You’re quite welcome! Glad to hear that helped. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions in the future. :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Kenny