Octopus system integrity check error - schema

Hello,

could you please help me to troubleshoot these errors?

Problem nb. 1:

Problem nb. 2:

Hi @TomasUnverdorben,

Thanks for reaching out.

Problem 1 is usually due to extra indexes being put in place. Is your company doing any extra indexing? If so, you will get this error. You may have issues when upgrading in the future as well.

Problem 2 is usually due to a phantom item existing in the database as a reference but doesn’t exist as an object. What were you doing when you received the error? Can you please run a SQL query on that Projects-381-201(…etc) and see what kind of hits you get?

Please let me know. If you need to private message me the details for privacy reasons please feel free to do so.

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

1. I’m not aware of any extra indexing actions over databases. “You may have issues when upgrading” is there way how to overcome issues in the future?
  2. May that be a problem?

Hi @TomasUnverdorben,

1. Do you have a DBA that may have added indices? Maybe using some sort of automated system that did it without telling you? I’m currently the only guy on staff today, and I’m not 100% sure on the answer, so I will pass this along and get an answer for you tomorrow regarding how to safely remove the indices.

2. Is anything on your instance working? Can you try in Firefox if you’re using chrome or vice versa? Has anything changed since it was last working correctly? Something with the database or one of the servers? Did you go through any upgrades?

Please let me know.

Thanks,
Jeremy

1 - I’m DB Sysadmin of the server where is DB of Octopus hosted and I’m not aware of any changes at indices at all. But to doublecheck I ask all my colleagues if they do not touch indices.

2 - everything works just fine, only a few logos are gone. Same situation at Chrome /Firefox /Edge.

Hi @TomasUnverdorben,

1. Can you please check to see if any Automatic Tuning was done to the DB?

2. Did anything change on any of the servers between the last time it was working correctly and now? Any server maintenance or upgrades?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Hi @TomasUnverdorben,

Regarding #1, you can remove them manually with SSMS. It would be good to know if Automatic Tuning created the indices, though.

Please let me know what you find with #2

Thanks,
Jeremy

Morning Jeremy,

problem nb. 1 seems to be solved. I also found that one of our developers creates those indexes manully. So that was the “problem”.

Hey @TomasUnverdorben,

That’s great news on the indices being resolved, thank you for updating me.

Sorry about the above my sentence got autofilled to link to some github article, but I meant to ask about question #2.

Are the icons still messed up? Are you still getting the same error as in the first post? Where does that error crop up if so? Can you attach/private message me the full task log when it happens?

Has any maintenance or upgrades been done to either the SQL or Octo server since it last worked?

Thanks,
Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.