Octopus Subscriptions feature

Hi,

Currently we are using Octopus Subscriptions feature to get notified when a new project is created by having filters as below

But we are also getting emails when a new release is created in the projects - Is there a way we can filter out only the project creation event only captured on subscription run?

Hi @puk.it.scm,

Thank you for contacting Octopus Support.

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of event filters. The only way I’m aware of to narrow this any more is to filter the data further by manipulating it outside of Octopus. You may find that you get less noise if you choose the Channel document type as a new Default Channel is created whenever a Project is created. See my example below:

Channel document type (last 30 days):

Project document type (last 30 days):

Let me know if you have any additional questions.

Best Regards,

Thank you @donny.bell for your suggestion - But unfortunately creating/cloning the project is not triggering the channel creation event (Not sure if it’s something to do with Octopus version (2021.2.7727) we use), Deleting the project is creating document delete event, adding the channel on existing project is triggering event for channel creation.

Hi @puk.it.scm,

Thank you for getting back to me.

Unfortunately, with the current limitations of the event filters, there isn’t a built-in combination specific enough to only cascade when a Project is created.

If you have any additional questions or if there is anything else I can assist with, please let me know.

Best Regards,
Donny