Octopus signoff approval to allow usr deployment

Hi Octopus Support.
we have servers dev, sys, usr and production.

is there a way we can add an approver after sys sign off to allow Usr to be ready for deployment?
i.e dev, sys , [sign off approval], usr, production?

we found that if we have two sys releases deployed for USR, our usr team could protentially deploy the wrong
(untested) version into the environment.
was wondering how can we combat this?
thanks

Hi @pressieguy,

Thanks for getting in touch! I believe you would benefit from our Manual Intervention step here. This step lets you halt a deployment until manual action has been taken to approve the step. You are even able to configure it so only certain users can approve.

If you place this at the start of your deployment, and scope the step to only run on the usr/production environments, then it will be an effective method of ensuring the deployment can not proceed into these environments until everything is cleared and manually signed off.

Does this look like what you are after?

Let me know if you have any questions or thoughts on this. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Daniel

Hi Daniel,
yes and no.
our USR and PRod deploy goes to another team.
we want to be able to hide the deploy button away from the deployment team unless it hasnt been properly tested.
is there a way to hide it unless its completely approved by our testing team?

trying to upload the image to describe however its not loading. let me know if you dont recieve it.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.