!Octopus Server Upgrade

Hi Dear

We are using On-prem octopus Server and teh version we are currently on is V2018.9.7. We are planning to upgrade to latest version which is 2020.5.7. I have few question:-

1. Do we need to upgrade to all interim version or we can directly install latest on top of our current version.
  2. Any recommended steps or pre-requite before upgrading.
  3. Do I need to manually upgrade Tentacle version to latest (We have nearly 200 tentacles)

Hi sbindra,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your upgrade query.

We have detailed advice and instructions on upgrading Octopus Deploy available in our knowledge base, along with specific instructions for upgrading from 2018.x to a newer version and general guidance on upgrading major versions of Octopus Deploy.

You can compare the 2018.9.7 and 2020.5.7 versions to enable you to check for any breaking changes, new features and so on. It might also be worth noting that the minimum requirements for Octopus Deploy changed between 2018.9.7 and 2020.5.7 to include SQL Server 2016+ and Windows Server 2012 R2+.

In terms of your specific questions:

• Do we need to upgrade to all interim version or we can directly install latest on top of our current version.
    You can upgrade directly from 2018.9.7 to 2020.5.7.

• Any recommended steps or pre-requite before upgrading.
    We’d strongly recommend backing everything up and running a test upgrade first. You can find out more about this in the links provided above.

• Do I need to manually upgrade Tentacle version to latest (We have nearly 200 tentacles)
    No, there is no need to manually upgrade the Tentacle software.

I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Charles

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.