Octopus server not able to connect to Linux Tentacle

Hi ,

We are having Listening tentacle added to our Vcenter server which is a Photon Linux Distro. However Octopus server is not able to connect to Tentacle server and in the logs we can see the below error, it would be great if you can help us in resolving this issue.

System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: Authentication failed, see inner exception. —> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ‘SslMethods’ threw an exception. —> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ‘Ssl’ threw an exception. —> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for ‘SslInitializer’ threw an exception. —> Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: error:25070067:DSO support routines:DSO_load:could not load the shared library
at Interop.SslInitializer…cctor()

Regards,
Shalmal

Hi @servicedlivery,

Thanks for getting in touch!

It looks like the server may be missing some dependencies that the tentacle requires.

The first place I’d check here would be ensuring that all of the prereqs are correctly installed on the server you have the tentacle agent on - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/core/install/dependencies?pivots=os-linux&tabs=netcore31

After that, I’d take a pass through the https://octopus.com/docs/infrastructure/deployment-targets/windows-targets/troubleshooting-tentacles (while focused on windows tentacles, most of the checks regarding connectivity are common).

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thank for your response, we have installed dot net core in the server

root@ps-prd-vcs01 [ ~ ]# dotnet --list-runtimes
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.1.8 [/root/.dotnet/shared/Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.8 [/root/.dotnet/shared/Microsoft.NETCore.App]
root@ps-prd-vcs01 [ ~ ]#

Do you think any other dependency is needed as well?

Regards,
Shalmal

1 Like

Hi Shalmal,

As this is a distro that we haven’t tested Octopus with before there may be some features missing that would be there as standard on other distros.

Would you be able to confirm if openssl is installed on there?
If it is, could you check the version for us?

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your response. Yes, openssl is installed in the server and version is 1.0.2opnessl

Would you be able to attach the full Tentacle.txt log file? There may be something in the to point us in the right direction?

Also, did any of the tests on the troubleshooting page reveal anything?

It may also be worth configuring a polling tentacle on there too see if you encounter the same error.

Hi Paul,

We did follow most of the troubleshooting steps mentioned but could not find anything. I cant attach the logs here, it says log file too bug is there any other location where I can upload the logs?

Regards,
Shalmal

Would you be able to email it to support@octopus.com?

Hi Paul,

I have sent the Tentacle log from our server.

Regards,
Shalmal

1 Like

Thanks for the logs.

I’ve created a local Photon test environment and I have replicated the same issue. I’m going to work with our engineers to see if we can find the solution to this.

I will update once we know more.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul,

Sure, Thank you very much.

Regards,
Shalmal

Hi Shalmal,

I have discussed this with our engineers and I don’t believe we are able to explicitly support Linux Tentacle on the Photon distribution. We do our best to test against the popular distributions listed in the following documentation page. Though distributions outside of this list can often work, we are limited in our ability to support them when encountering environmental issues or compatibility with our Tentacle.

Whilst we don’t have any further avenues to direct you in support of this issue, we would love to hear about any progress you make here.

If you have any questions here, please don’t hesitate to let me know.

Best regards,
Daniel

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.