Octopus Server keeps stopping

Hi,

I have a very recent install of Octopus Deploy 3.0 and just upgraded to 3.2.2. The issue has been occurring prior to upgrade, and continues after upgrade.

I’m deploying to an Azure website. It was working until I added a variable and defined a new release. Now every time I deploy the project to an Azure environment the Octopus Server just stops. Any idea how to resolve this? Logs are attached.

Thanks,
Mike

OctopusServer.txt (52 KB)

I’ve just uninstalled, removed everything including databases, and reinstalled. I’m using the same setup and everytime I deploy the server stops.

Wondering if it’s to do with the fact I’m using the following variables to reference Azure subscription and target? If I remove vars and pre-select the subscription and web target then it works.

#{Octopus.Action[Delivery].Azure.AccountId}
#{Octopus.Action[Delivery].Azure.WebAppName}

Hi Mike,

Thanks for reaching out. Its very weird that an azure deployment could stop the server like that. You mentioned that you are using Azure Targets for you deployment. In 3.1 we decided to stop using Azure Targets, and we introduceddedicated Azure steps instead.

Could you please try switching your Azure deployment to use this method and let me know if that works? http://docs.octopusdeploy.com/display/OD/Deploying+to+Azure

Regards,

Dalmiro

Thanks it’s very repeatable, and seems to be related to using the variables. I since removed the Azure tentacle and variable expressions in favour of scoped variables. The new way of doing things does work ok.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the update and glad to hear the new method is working for you. Hopefully you’ll find it much more convenient like we do :slight_smile:

Best regards,

Dalmiro